So, hindi na talaga mapipigil at ayaw talagang magpapigil ni Typhoon Pepeng. Para lang yang si Pichay na hindi nagpapigil na magpaparty habang lahat ng tao ay nagpapakahirap na tumulong sa mga biktima ni Ondoy. Pero nagpapasamalat na rin ako at hindi naipangalan kay Pichay ang bagyong paparating at kung hindi baka mas malaking delubyo ang mangyari.
Since paparating na rin lang naman si Pepeng, dapat na tayong maghanda kung sakaling malaking kapahamakan ang maidulot niya sa ating bansa. Heto ang ilang mga bagay na dapat natin gawin habang winewelcome natin si Pepeng:
Inside your home:
1)Prepare an emergency personal kit using ‘timba’ or ‘orocan’ and should contain at least the ff:
a. candles and matches
b. flashlight/ rechargeable lamps
d. ready-to-eat meals (biscuits, canned goods, doy pack meals, spreads, bread)
e. first aid essentials
*Agua Oxinada (wound cleanser) or Betadine
*Medicines (Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Loperamide, Neozep or Decolgen, Antihistamine, Oral Rehydration Salts, and prescribed medicines by your doctor)
Multivitamins (preferrably vitamin C)
f. extra clothes
g. bottled water
i. transistor radio
2) Have enough cash for emergency use. Withdraw cash if needed.
3) Recharge your mobile phones and conserve the battery. Use only for important text messages or phone calls. Also, save these emergency and rescue numbers on your mobile phone:
National Disaster Coordinating Council (NDCC) Emergency Numbers:
Philippine National Red Cross
Philippine Coast Guard
NRCPO (rubber boat requests)
DZMM<space>React and send to 2366
Super<space>BB<space>comment<space>name and send to 2299
4) Develop and create an emergency family plan.
5) Make sure to turn off the main power supply and unplug and secure all power cords.
6) Make sure the gas tank is off.
7) Turn the refrigerator and freezer to the highest setting as power supply can be interrupted during a storm.
8) Store essential items in waterproof storage (i.e. passport, birth cerftificate, ATM, ID, etc.)
9) Move electronic items (i.e. laptop, stereo, DVD player, etc.) to a place where it can’t be reached by water.
Outside your home:
1) Secure your windows.
2) Bring in any outdoor item that can be blown away and cause damage or injury
3) Clean gutters and drainages and remove any item that can prevent water flow.
4) Never go out during a storm. Storms with very strong winds can tear roofs, uproot trees, damage electric wires, etc. Stay indoors and stay safe.
The only thing to do in and out of your home:
1) Pray for safety and pray for others.